22nd Geant4 Collaboration Meeting – 25th -29th September

The collaboration meeting is limited to Geant4 Collaborators and invitees. Registration is required for attendance.

Venue (please refer to the map below): Building 32, Room G01, in the Main Campus of the University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong.

The afternoon parallel sessions will be held in Room G01 of Building 32 and in Room 210 of Building 6 (SMART Building).

The registration fee includes lunches, tea breaks and the social dinner.

Social dinner: 28th September 2017, at the City Beach Function Centre, Wollongong, 7 pm.

Scientific Program: Link to CERN Indico

How to reach the UOW Campus

From Wollongong CBD: take the free Green Shuttle bus and get off at the UOW Bus stop (see map above how to reach the venue of the meeting).

From Sydney: take the South Coast Line train and get off at North Wollongong station.  Follow the indications towards “University of Wollongong” and take the free bus from the railway station to the UOW Main Campus bus stop.

Note: At the UOW bus stop and at the North Wollongong railway station there will be some CMRP students with purple t-shirt who will help you to reach the venue of the Collaboration Meeting.

Quick links



A List of suggested accommodation are provided for the period of the Geant4 Collaboration Workshop. Find out more.

Travelling to Wollongong

Wollongong is just 85 minutes by train from Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport and the University of Wollongong is conveniently located near North Wollongong Station. Find out more.

About Wollongong

Iconic spots of Wollongong include the Harbour, North beach, the botanic gardens, Stuart Park and Mount Keira. Find out more.


Excursions are available for the 23 and 24 September to encourage the networking of participants to the Geant4 User and Collaboration Workshops. Find out more.

VISA information

If you buy your airplane ticket with a travel agency, the travel agency should take care of your VISA. If you are buying your ticket via web without the help of a travel agency, you have to apply for the VISA.  The Visitor VISA (subclass 600) is recommended (how to apply). Depending on your citizenship you can apply for the eVisitor (subclass 651).